User Role Availability
|✓ Project Owner ✓ Project Administrator|
HOT TIPS! You can add new Challenges in a Shuffle Mode Topic at any time.
As you are creating Challenges, here are some notes and limitations to keep in mind:
- The Challenge types available
- Limitations & recommendations on points settings
- Limitations & recommendations on notification settings
- Limitations on other Challenge settings
The Challenge types available
All Content/Challenge types are available in a Shuffle Mode Topic except for the following:
- Prediction Challenge
- Multiple-Attempt Quiz Challenge, and
Meaning, the Challenge types you can create within a Shuffle Mode Topic are Standard, Photo, Video, Single-Attempt Quiz, Single-Selection Poll, Multiple-Selection Poll, Confirmation, Fixed Answer/Passcode, Custom Form, and QR Code.
Limitations and recommendations on points settings
For Basic Points - completions (learn more here)
- You may only set “points to award per completion”
- Overall maximum points a Player may earn from completing a Challenge is not available
For Basic Points - votes (learn more here)
- Both “points to award per vote by other players” and “overall maximum points a player may earn from other players' votes” are available.
For Bonus Points
- You may only assign bonus points to a Challenge
- Team bonus points are not available
To ensure that your Players enjoy a fair experience (since each will be assigned different Challenge(s)), it is highly recommended to ensure that the maximum number of points that can be earned per Challenge completion is the same for all Challenges.
- This includes points to award per completion and bonus points for completing the Challenge
- For Challenges such as Single-Selection Poll, Multiple-Selection Poll, and Custom Form, total earnable points also include points assigned to each option or field.
- Learn how to check for the maximum number of points that can be earned per Challenge completion here.
Limitations and recommendations on notification settings
Notification options are only available when you are creating a new Challenge and if the associated Topic and Project are published.
To publish a Shuffle Mode Topic, you would need to minimally create the number of Challenges you wish to assign to each Player. In other words, notification options for newly created Challenges in a Shuffle Mode Topic are not available till that minimum number of Challenges are created.
Therefore, in the case of Shuffle Mode Topic, it is recommended to use the Inbox to inform Players of the newly created content. You can either send a Project Announcement to all Players in the Project or send direct messages to individual Players.
Limitations on other Challenges settings
When creating a new Challenge in a Shuffle Mode Topic, all Challenge settings are available and/or without limitations except for the following:
- Points Settings - Basic Points: overall maximum points a Player may earn from completing a Challenge
- Points Settings - Team Bonus Points
- Challenge Frequency - to ensure fairness for all players, Challenges in Shuffle Mode Topics may only be completed once
- Setting the maximum number of completions before the Challenge expires
- Scheduling the Challenge to publish and expire
- Locking the Challenge