User Role Availability
|✓ Project Owner ✓ Project Administrator|
Custom Form Challenge is a multi-field Challenge, where Admins can put together different field types. This will be the perfect Challenge if you are looking for one to collect different information in a single go!
To create a Custom Form Challenge:
- On the Project Manager Page, search for and select the Topic you wish to create the Standard Challenge in.
- On the Topic Manager page, locate and click on .
- You will be directed to select from a range of Challenge Types. Select CUSTOM FORM CHALLENGE.
- Go on to insert the Challenge information - icon, title and description (learn more here).
- Under "Fields", create at least 1 Field by:
- Selecting a Field Type from the dropdown - the types include text, whole number, number (with decimal places), date, time duration, and multiple choice. (learn more about each below)
- Insert a Field Title to describe the Field
- Insert the points to award when the Field is completed
- Selecting or deselecting .
- You will also see several other options:
- After you are done setting up the Challenge to your liking, click .
Here're what special about Custom Form Challenge:
- You can put together a form with 6 different field types.
- Text: Players will be required to input a text answer - minimum 2 characters and no upper limit.
- Whole Number: Players will be required to input a whole number, e.g. 1, 100, 1033. Negative number is not allowed.
- Number (with decimal places): Players will be required to input a number with decimals, with no limit to the number of decimal places, e.g. 1.1, 2.22, 3.33.
- Date: Players will be required to select a date, within a date range (if any). As the Admin, you may set a date range.
- Time Duration: Players will be required to select a duration, in hours and minutes with a minimum of 5 minutes.
- Multiple Choice*: Players will be required to select one from the list of options. As the Admin, you can create unlimited options and assign different points to each.
- You can determine if each of the field type is required for the Player to fill in - Simply check or uncheck .
- You can choose from 3 photo upload settings under "More Settings".
- Make photo upload optional: Players will see the option to upload a photo but is not required to complete the Challenge.
- Make photo upload mandatory: Players will have to upload a photo in order to complete the Challenge.
- Photo upload is not required: Players will not see the option to upload a photo.
NOTE: *If you wish to set up quiz questions, creating them as multiple choices in the Custom Form Challenge is not an ideal setup - as Players can freely remove their completions. This could result in cheating where Players delete their completions in order to arrive on the right answer. Instead, try our Quiz Challenge instead - we allow for single-attempt or multiple-attempt.