There are several points settings that you can play around within a Challenge. This article will cover the points settings specific to Challenge Completions.
To assign points for Challenge Completions:
- As you are creating or editing a Challenge, scroll to the section “Points Settings”.
- Then, look for "Completions".
- Insert the number of points* to award per completion.
- The points a Player receives upon completing the Challenge each time.
- If left empty and the Challenge will assume the default points, typically 10 to 20 points.
- (optional) Insert the overall maximum points* a Player may earn from completing this Challenge^.
- The maximum number of points a Player can receive by completing the Challenge one or more times.
- You may choose to leave this empty and the Challenge will assume the default setting, at unlimited.
- Includes both points awarded per completion (step 3 above) and bonus points to a Challenge.
- Some tips on this setting.
* Updating the points will only affect Challenge completions after the change.
For example, when creating the Challenge, you assigned 10 points per completion. 5 days after you have launched the Challenge, you decided to change it to 15 points per completion - only completions on the 6th day onwards will receive 15 points.
* If a Player has already exceeded the updated points, whatever that is extra will not be removed.
^ This maximum points setting will not be affected by the maximum points a Player may earn from other Players' votes.
A tip on the setting - 'Overall maximum points a player may earn from this challenge'
This works well when Challenge Frequency is adjusted to any settings, except for Only once. You allow Players to earn more points by completing a Challenge more than once, while preventing them from exploiting such Challenge set up.
Take this scenario as an example: The Player will be able to complete the Challenge multiple times, until 20 points are obtained. In this case, it will be 2 times.
Unlike Assigning Points to a Challenge (which applies to all Players who have completed the Challenge), Assigning Extra Points to a Challenge allows you to give points to a selected group.
Please sign in to leave a comment.