✓ Light ✓ Regular ✓ Premium ✓ Premium Plus
User Role Availability
|✓ Project Owner ✓ Project Administrator ✓ Project Moderator|
How to invite multiple Players to a Project
NOTE: If you are inviting a Player with a company email address, do check on the company IT security policy if it allows users to receive emails from external parties like Gametize. If not,
- Select and Project and go to Project Tools.
- Select “Player Manager (Project)” under User Management and Awardables.
- Click on .
- Locate the section "Add Multiple Players".
- Follow the instructions to create an excel spreadsheet (in .xls) with the Players' details - see the bottom of this article for a template excel spreadsheet:
- 1st column:
- 2nd column:
Players' email addresses
- Do not include column headers
- Save in .xls format
- 1st column:
- Under "Upload a Spreadsheet", click to upload.
- You have the option to not send Project invitation to existing Players by unchecking . However, all new Players (i.e. those without an account) will receive emails for account activation and Project invitation - learn more below.
- Once the file is uploaded successfully, click to invite the Players.
PS: there is no limit to the number of Players you can invite to a Project.
What happens after you’ve invited new Players
The invited (new) Player will receive 2 email notifications:
- Account activation - email is titled “Activate Account”
- Project invitation which contains the Project link and credentials to log in to their account - email is titled “You have been invited to play [Your Project Title]”
And here’s what the Players need to do after receiving those email notifications (in sequence):
- Activate their account (before they are able to log in).
- Go to the Project they are invited to - via the web, they can click on the Project link in the Project invitation email; via the Gametize app, they would need to launch the app.
- Log in using the registered email address and the provided randomly generated unique password.
- After logging in successfully for the first time, they will be prompted to change their password.
To help you in communicating the above with your Players, below is a draft announcement you can adopt.
You’ve been invited to join my Project “[Your Project Title]”, powered by Gametize. If this is your first time joining a Project on the Gametize platform, you can expect to receive 2 email notifications - one to activate your account, another one being the Project invitation containing your login credentials.
Here’s what you need to do: