✓ Light ✓ Regular ✓ Premium ✓ Premium Plus
User Role Availability
|✓ Project Owner ✓ Project Administrator|
There are instances when new Players are unable to receive email notifications from Gametize or have issues clicking on links in email notifications. This is commonly seen when accounts are registered using company email addresses or when the email notifications are accessed using work devices - for reasons such as corporate IT security policies. As a result, account creation via self-registration or Project Admin invite can be difficult.
If you are a Project Administrator managing such a group of Players, you may reach out to Gametize Support to assist in inviting new Players to your Project. This article will cover the following:
- How to request for assistance in inviting new Players
- How to follow up with Players after successful account creation
How to request for assistance in inviting new Players
Here’s what you need to do:
- Create an excel spreadsheet in the following format - see the bottom of this article for a template
- 1st column: Players’ names
- 2nd column: Players’ email addresses, respectively
- 3rd column: Custom password for each player (it is recommended to define a random and unique password for each Player, see below for password policy)
- Save your excel spreadsheet in .xls format, noting the following guidelines:
- To only have 1 sheet and no hidden sheets
- Do not include any headers
- Contact Gametize Support with the excel spreadsheet and the Project ID of the Project you would like to invite the Players to. You can do so either by:
- Filling up the ticket form here, or
- Sending us an email at email@example.com.
- For verification purposes, the request must be sent via the email address of the Project Owner or Project Administrator.
- Once account creation and Player invitation are successful, Gametize Support will drop you a reply. It is recommended to follow the steps here to follow up with your Players.
How to follow up with Players after successful account creation
Accounts created via this method are activated automatically. Since Players are unable to receive email notifications from Gametize, it is highly recommended for Project Owners or Administrators to do the following:
- If possible, inform each Player individually of the custom password that has been defined for them. This is to ensure account security.
- To also notify Players that on their first login, they will be prompted to change their password.
NOTE: Password policy
Your password should contain:
Gametize Support: To set custom passwords, it will require dedicated support
Please sign in to leave a comment.