✓ Light ✓ Regular ✓ Premium ✓ Premium Plus
User Role Availability
|✓ Project Owner ✓ Project Administrator ✓ Project Moderator|
To get Players to start playing your game, you can invite them to the Project. This is especially important if your Project is toggled to Private. This article will cover the following:
How to invite multiple Players to a Project
NOTE: If you are inviting a Player with a company email address, do check on the company IT security policy if it allows users to receive emails from external parties like Gametize. If not,
When inviting multiple Players, you can add new and existing users to the Project at the same time. To do so:
- Select a Project and go to Project Tools.
- Select “Player Manager (Project)” under User Management and Awardables.
- Click on .
- Locate the section "Add Multiple Players".
- Follow the instructions to create an excel spreadsheet (in .xls) with the Players' details - see the bottom of this article for a template excel spreadsheet:
- 1st column: Players' names
- 2nd column: Players' email addresses
- Do not include column headers
- Save in .xls format
- Under "Upload a Spreadsheet", click to upload.
- You have the option to not send Project invitation to existing Players by unchecking . However, all new Players (i.e. those without an account) will receive emails for account activation and Project invitation - learn more below.
- Once the file is uploaded successfully, click to invite the Players.
There is no limit to the number of Players you can invite to a Project.
What happens after you’ve invited new Players
The invited (new) Player will receive 2 email notifications:
- Account activation - email is titled “Activate Account”
- Project invitation which contains the Project link and credentials to log in to their account - email is titled “You have been invited to play [Your Project Title]”
And here’s what the Players need to do after receiving those email notifications (in sequence):
- Activate their account (before they are able to log in).
- Go to the Project they are invited to - via the web, they can click on the Project link in the Project invitation email; via the Gametize app, they would need to launch the app.
- Sign in using the registered email address and the provided randomly generated unique password.
- After signing in successfully for the first time, they will be prompted to change their password.
To help you in communicating the above with your Players, below is a draft announcement you can adopt.
You’ve been invited to join my Project “[Your Project Title]”, powered by Gametize. If this is your first time joining a Project on the Gametize platform, you can expect to receive 2 email notifications - one to activate your account, another one being the Project invitation containing your login credentials.
Here’s what you need to do:
Please note pre-defining passwords for users are still possible on Enterprise Plans.
cc Gametize Support
Please sign in to leave a comment.