✓ Light ✓ Regular ✓ Premium ✓ Premium Plus
User Role Availability
|✓ Project Owner ✓ Project Administrator|
There are instances when new Players are unable to receive email notifications from Gametize or have issues clicking on links in email notifications. This is commonly seen when accounts are registered using company email addresses or when the email notifications are accessed using work devices - for reasons such as corporate IT security policies. As a result, triggering a password reset can be difficult for Players.
If you are a Project Admin managing such a group of Players, you may reach out to Gametize Support and request for password reset on behalf of them. This article will cover the following:
- How to request for password reset on behalf of Players
- How to follow up with Players after successful password reset
How to request for password reset on behalf of Players
Here’s what you need to:
- As the Project Admin, collate the list of Players who are unable to log in to their accounts.
- Create an excel spreadsheet in the following format - see the bottom of this article for a template
- 1st column: Players’ email addresses
- Save your excel spreadsheet in .xls format, noting the following guidelines:
- To only have 1 sheet and no hidden sheets
- Do not include any column headers
- Contact Gametize Support with the excel spreadsheet. You can do so either by:
- Filling up the ticket form here, or
- Sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your request, please specify the password you would like to reset to, following the password policy. Note that this password will apply to all Players in the list provided.
- For verification purposes, the request must be sent via the email address of the Project Owner or Project Administrator.
- Once password reset for all the affected Players is successful, Gametize Support will drop you a reply. It is recommended to follow the steps here to follow up with your Players.
How to follow up with Players after successful password reset
- If possible, inform each Player individually of the custom password set for them. This is to ensure account security.
- To also notify Players that on their first login, they will be prompted to change their password.
NOTE: Password policy
Your password should contain:
Please sign in to leave a comment.