There are several points settings that you can play around within a Challenge. This article will cover the points settings specific to Votes on Challenge.
To assign points for Votes for the Challenge:
- As you are creating or editing a Challenge, scroll to the section “Points Settings”.
- Then, look for "Votes".
- Insert the number of points* to award per vote by other Players.
- The points a Player receives when other Players in the Project cast a vote on their Challenge completion.
- You may also choose to leave this empty and the Challenge will assume the default points - 0 points.
- Insert the overall maximum points* a Player may earn from other Players' votes^.
- The maximum number of points a Player can receive from the votes cast by other Players on the Challenge completion.
- You may choose to leave this empty and the Challenge will assume the default setting, at 0.
- If the number of points to award per vote by other Players is 0, this overall maximum points setting will not be available.
- Some tips on this setting.
* Updating the points will only affect votes casted after the change.
For example, when creating the Challenge, you assigned 0 points per vote. 5 days after you have launched the Challenge, you decided to change it to 5 points per vote - only votes casted on the 6th day onwards will receive 5 points.
* If a Player has already exceeded the updated points, whatever that is extra will not be removed.
^ This maximum points setting will not be affected by the maximum points a Player may earn from completing this Challenge.
A tip on the setting - 'Overall maximum points a player may earn from other players' votes'
This function is especially useful to prevent instances of points farming as there is no limit to the number of votes a Player may receive on the Challenge completion.
Take this scenario as an example: Other Players will be able to vote on this Player's Challenge completion an unlimited number of times. On the reverse, the Player is only able to earn a maximum of 20 points from votes, i.e. only the points from the first 4 votes were recorded.
Unlike Assigning Points to a Challenge (which applies to all Players who have completed the Challenge), Assigning Extra Points to a Challenge allows you to give points to a selected group.
Please sign in to leave a comment.