✓ Light ✓ Regular ✓ Premium ✓ Premium Plus
User Role Availability
|✓ Project Owner ✓ Project Administrator ✓ Project Moderator|
How to invite a Single, New Player to a Project
NOTE: If you are inviting a Player with a company email address, do check on the company IT security policy if it allows users to receive emails from external parties like Gametize. If not,
A New Player is one that is entirely new to the Gametize app/web, i.e. do not have a Gametize account. To invite a single, new Player to your Project:
- Select and Project and go to Project Tools.
- Select “Player Manager (Project)” under User Management and Awardables.
- Click on .
- Locate the section "Register and Add a New Player". Then, go on to fill in:
- Player's name
- Player's email address
- Lastly, click to invite the Player.
PS: there is no limit to the number of Players you can invite to a Project.
What happens after you’ve invited the new Player
The invited (new) Player will receive 2 email notifications:
- Account activation - email is titled “Activate Account”
- Project invitation which contains the Project link and credentials to log in to their account - email is titled “You have been invited to play [Your Project Title]”
And here’s what the Player needs to do after receiving those email notifications (in sequence):
- Activate their account (before they are able to log in).
- Go to the Project they are invited to - via the web, they can click on the Project link in the Project invitation email; via the Gametize app, they would need to launch the app.
- Log in using the registered email address and the provided randomly generated unique password.
- After logging in successfully for the first time, they will be prompted to change their password.
To help you in communicating the above with your Players, below is a draft announcement you can adopt.
You’ve been invited to join my Project “[Your Project Title]”, powered by Gametize. If this is your first time joining a Project on the Gametize platform, you can expect to receive 2 email notifications - one to activate your account, another one being the Project invitation containing your login credentials.
Here’s what you need to do: