Enable Push Notifications
User Role Availability
|✓ Project Owner ✓ Project Administrator|
Push notifications are clickable pop-up messages that appear on the mobile device. They serve as a quick communication channel to convey messages from players, administrators and announcements. Notifications may also include comments and votes on completions.
1. How to enable Push Notification for Players
- From your device's home screen, tap the “Settings” icon.
- From the “Settings” menu, tap “Notifications”.
- From here, find Gametize and tap into the menu.
- From here, tap “Allow Notifications” and then choose your options for how you wish to receive push notifications:
- From the device’s home screen, open the “Settings” app.
- Tap “Apps”, “Applications”, or “Applications Manager” (This may vary for different Android interfaces)
- Scroll through the list and tap on "Gametize".
- Under the Privacy section, tap on "Notifications".
- To enable push notifications, tap on “Show Notifications” from this screen.
2. Push notifications will be triggered for the following conditions:
- Administrator to Player (Work in Progress)
- Player to Player
- Project Announcements
- Push Notification will be triggered to all Players in the Project once an Announcement has been published.
- Here is an example of how the push notification works:
3. Important Notes (especially to administrators):
- Deep-Linking is currently not supported as tapping on the push notification will only launch Gametize Application (it will not direct to the Project)
- Notifications will not be sent if scheduled publishing is in use.
- Notification will not be sent if a project/topic is unpublished.
- Push Notifications are not supported in Gametize hybrid application (e.g. Gourmet Grammar)
- Push Notifications must be enabled in the Device Settings (see 1.)
- Push Notifications are not supported on the player web (Player Web)
- The application must also be minimised in order for push notifications to be received.
- If a user is using the same account on multiple devices, only the device that has last accessed the application will receive the push notification.
NOTES: There is a slight difference in the types of messages Admins and Players can see. Learn more here - for app and web.
Please sign in to leave a comment.