Currently, the Gametize Player Web (i.e. Projects accessed via app.gametize.com) does not support the uploading of .mov video files due to technical limitations.
Videos taken using iOS devices are saved as .mov video files. You are likely to encounter the error when you are doing the following:
- Accessed your Project via the Gametize Player Web (app.gametize.com) using your iOS mobile device (i.e. iPhone, iPod Touch, or Ipad).
- You are attempting to complete a Video Challenge by uploading or taking a video.
- But is unable to complete the Challenge successfully
You then see the following error message: “Please upload only a valid .mp4 video files for this challenge!”.
If you wish to continue your Player experience on your iOS mobile device, here are a couple of suggestions.
1. Convert your .mov video files to .mp4 video files
The Gametize Player Web does support the uploading of .mp4 files.
- You can first take the video via your device camera (not via the Video Challenge).
- Then, go on to convert the video to a .mp4 video file. Gametize Ninjas have found this free online convertor that works well: https://cloudconvert.com/mov-to-mp4 (but, do note the limits as a free user).
- Once the conversion is complete, do remember to save the file to your device - now saved as a .mp4 video file.
- Go on to access your Project via app.gametize.com and complete the Video Challenge using the converted video file.
2. Access your Project via the iOS Gametize app instead
The iOS Gametize app is built to support all things iOS and that includes the uploading of .mov video files.
- Go to App Store, search for “Gametize” and install the app on your device.
- You can then log in via the usual ways you had.
- Then, go on to search for the Project.
- You can now seamlessly complete the Video Challenge without any additional steps.