If you are looking to create a white-label mobile application with Gametize, we offer two options – Native mobile apps, or Non-native mobile apps powered by ReactJS. This article will cover the differences between the two implementations and which to choose.
We build Native mobile apps for both iOS and Android.
In the context of Gametize, Players will experience slight differences in the user interface across the web, iOS, and Android applications. At the same time, native mobile apps allow the following:
- Smooth user experience as you transit across different interfaces.
- Seamlessly utilize native device features such as cameras, GPS and notifications.
- Full utilization of all Gametize-powered features.
If you would like to create a native mobile app, do carefully consider and evaluate the different user flows across the platforms.
To experience the native apps, explore Selfiely in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Non-native apps (powered by ReactJS)
The power of ReactJS in the context of Gametize is that Players will experience the same user interface elements across all platforms, which can mean:
- For your Players: quicker adoption as they move across the different platforms and reduced inertia for engagement.
- For your Admins: lesser hours spent testing and educating Players on the different user interface.
Here are some added bonuses to choosing a non-native white-label mobile app (powered by ReactJS):
- The higher degree of customization for your applications across all platforms, e.g. customizable colors and themes.
- Changes can be implemented quickly, and are consistent across all platforms – web, iOS, and Android.
- Changes are visible without the need for app update via App Store or Google Play Store
Do note that there are several known issues for our non-native apps and you should evaluate them carefully. If these known issues affect the key features you would like to utilize, native apps may be the better option for you.
- Known issues applicable ReactJS web interface
- Does not support push notifications (under development)
- Does not support scanning of QR codes (under development)
- Taking and uploading of videos to complete Video Challenges is currently not supported on iOS devices of any browser types/hybrid app
To explore our non-native apps, take a look at Gourmet Grammar on the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, or view the game on web!
The hours needed to set up and customize a white-label native mobile app and a white-label non-native mobile app are different. If you are interested to find out more, please drop us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- White-label and Customizable Branding: https://corp.gametize.com/whitelabel/
- Multimedia Nordic AS, “Native Apps vs Non-Native Apps”: https://www.multimedianordic.eu/blog/react-native-apps/
- Codeburst, “Choose the best - Native App vs Hybrid App”: https://codeburst.io/native-app-or-hybrid-app-ca08e460df9
- Codeburt, “What is ReactJS and how can it make your life easier”: https://codeburst.io/what-is-reactjs-and-how-can-make-your-life-easier-3beb797f30e4
Gametize Support, please indicate in a statement that non-native is also known as hybrid app, in Gametize's definition (as this term shows up in other sites). Thank you!
Please sign in to leave a comment.