User Role Availability
|✓ Project Owner ✓ Project Administrator - learn more below|
Duplicating a Topic copies all the following to the new topic:
- Topic image, content, settings (note: not all settings are copied, learn more below)
- Flashcards and Challenges in the selected Topic and their images, content, and settings
NOTE: Player activity & data and Topic Category selections are not copied into the duplicate Topic.
This article will cover the following:
- How to duplicate a Topic
- Topic settings that are/ are not copied to the new topic
- Who can duplicate a Topic
How to duplicate a Topic
- Identify the Topic you wish to duplicate.
- Select .
- From the dropdown, select a Project you wish to copy the selected Topic into - note that you may only select a Project you are a Project Administrator of, learn more below.
- To complete, click .
Topic settings that are/ are not copied to the new topic
All Topic settings are copied to the new topic, except for the following:
- Topic category selections
- Scheduled date/time to publish
- Scheduled date/time for expiry
- Topic locking rule
Who can duplicate a Topic
Within Gametize, content should be managed by the Creator at all times. To support this, Topics can only be duplicated into Projects which have the same Owner.
If you are the Project Owner
If you are the Project Owner of the selected Project/Topic, you may copy the Topic into any Project you are the Owner or Administrator of.
NOTE: When copying Topics to Projects you do not own
If you are the Project Administrator
If you are the Project Administrator of the selected Project/Topic, you may only copy the Topic to another Project under 2 conditions:
- If the selected Project/Topic to be duplicated has the same Owner as the destination Project, AND
- If you are also a Project Administrator of the destination Project.