If you’ve been following our updates on features related to teams, you will notice that the functions focused on team membership - creating, joining, or leaving a team. Taking one step further, we are looking to introduce mechanisms that encourage collaboration within a team. Team Bonus Points will be the first of the many to come!
Team bonus points is a Challenge-specific feature and available across all Challenge types. As Project Administrators, you can define the following parameter for Team Bonus Points (here is the step-by-step guide).
- The number of players per team who must complete the Challenge - once the set number of players completed the Challenge, all team members will receive the team bonus points.
- Bonus points to award - once the team has fulfilled the criteria (i.e. when the set number of players completed the Challenge).
The team bonus points awarded will add to a Player's total points tally - which contributes to the ranks on the Player and Team Leaderboard.
Some tips for Project Admins:
- Start by setting up your Project for Team Activity (see: Enabling Teams in a Project).
- To encourage full participation, you can require all team members to complete the Challenge before awarding the bonus points. Be mindful that the number of players per team to complete the Challenge should at least be equal to the maximum team size.
- You can create a Project Announcement to inform teams on the team bonus points criteria.
- Here are some important notes when managing team bonus points.
Available to Project Owners and Administrators on Regular, Premium, and Premium Plus plans.
Published on 14 July 2020.
Please sign in to leave a comment.