KnowBe4 Integration allows Gametize to setup API Integration with KnowBe4 and set custom requirements to complete functions within Gametize (i.e. complete challenge, redeem reward etc).
NOTE: There is no front-end support (Admin Dashboard) for this integration currently, and all setup is being done directly via the database by the Gametize Team. We are actively working on implementing front-end support to enable administrators to configure settings for this integration on the Admin Dashboard, so please keep an eye out for the latest updates here!
This article covers the following:
- API Requirements gathering process
- Information required from the client for official integration
- How the KnowBe4 integration works
API Requirements gathering process:
Gametize would gather the following API requirements from the Client to set up the KnowBe4 Integration for UAT Testing (* denotes required).
- API URL to be called*
- POST or GET method*
API Authorization method (if any)
Bearer, Basic, etc
- API Keys (if any)
- Required Request Body (if any)
- User Param*
- Returned response from external API that will help to identify the user in Gametize’s platform
- Pagination (if API needs or has paginations)
- Items to be completed in Gametize Platform*
- Challenge ID
NOTE: Currently, only the confirmation challenge is supported for KnowBe4 integration.
- Required Returns Params to check
For example, an External API response will return
answeredboolean, and this boolean must be true, then Gametize Platform will complete the item mapped to this.
Information required from the client for official integration:
The client can provide the following information to Gametize to setup the KnowBe4 Integration after UAT testing has been confirmed by the client:
- Challenge ID to be completed
Set Challenge to Limit completions to Admins
Set Challenge to Unpublished until the integration has been setup properly.
NOTE: Please note that if the challenge is set to be repeatable, the user may receive points every time the sync is triggered. Please review if this behaviour is intended and inform the Gametize Project Team to change the settings accordingly
- Official API Key and API URL (if any)
Official Key ID information for the API call (if any)
Schedule for the API Integration to be triggered (i.e every 24 hrs, every 12hrs, etc)
How the KnowBe4 integration works:
1. When the API Integration is triggered based on the schedule set, the Gametize platform will attempt to get all valid users that have completed the test on the KnowBe4 platform according to a set of requirements set by the clients.
2. Completions will be completed for users who have an account on the Gametize platform and returned by KnowBe4's API call.
NOTE: Please note that this is still in Beta Testing. If you are an Enterprise client and are interested in using the Knowbe4 integration, please feel free to reach out to the project team to request for it.