More Admin Controls for Challenge a Friend FeatureFor Consideration
Logging this on behalf of PP (Channel Partner).
We are writing to you to share feedback from our client on the Challenge a Friend feature. Our client is very concerned with this feature due to the reason below:
- A player can challenge multiple players for each challenge subjected that the player being challenged has not received a challenge from another player yet
- A player can challenge another player for all the sub-topic in the project (no limitation apart from the player has been challenged by another player before)
- The player that was challenged will receive an email directly to their registered email
- If the player is being challenged for every sub-topic, their email will be spammed by email letting them know that they are being challenged
Here the screenshot of the feature we spoke about:
Our client is very concerned that the notification goes straight to the email, and the potential that it will be spam. We are concerned that the players will react badly to this type of notification which may cause rejection to the project.
Our client would like to request that no email notification should be sent out for Challenge a Friend feature. Instead, Gametize can look to implement notification directly to the app (push notification).
Alternatively, we would like to suggest that Gametize allow the admin to have control to enable or disable the Challenge a Friend feature. While we do see a benefit to the feature, we collectively agree that Challenge a Friend option should not be present on every sub-topic, and having the control to enable or disable it will allow us to better design content around it.
Looking forward to your reply.
In my opinion, peer challenging and reminder of the gametize experience often has more pros than cons in reminding the use of the app. Push notifications are generally not enabled by 50-70% of users. Can I ask if this peer challenging feature has been abused by any players so far?
My recommendations to our tech team in terms of priority will be as follow, starting with most important:
1) Limiting email notifications initiated by players (e.g. 2 mails a day, and then digesting the rest) - this will be across the board and not limited to just peer challenging.
2) Allowing users to send this as an email from their own mail client - e.g. there will be different icons for them to challenge with different methods (mail, linkedin, fb, or through gametize invitation). As such, this becomes a 2 step process and will make it a little less convenient to "spam" other users.
3) Enabling or disabling of Peer Challenging; I am quite confident this will be the next evolution of this feature, but it is on the roadmap with many fixes/upgrades planned for Gametize. As such, I believe (1) will be a more scalable solution at the moment.
Please sign in to leave a comment.