We are constantly working on the Gametize app - optimizing it to carry more content and improving it with more functions. Inevitably, some devices are unable to support and began displaying issues with app performance, which we had observed with devices of older Android OS versions. But, we are not quite ready to forgo this group of users! Rather, this inspired us to release Gametize Lite on Android.
What is Gametize Lite?
You can think of Gametize Lite as a twin brother to the existing Gametize app - an almost carbon copy but with some differences. As suggested by its name, we have omitted a few functions in order to give app performance a boost. Gametize Lite is currently available only on Google Play Store for Android devices, compatible with devices on Android version 5.0 and above.
How is it different from the existing Gametize app on Android?
The first that you would notice would be the differences in the user interface. Unlike the Gametize app (which is a native application), Gametize Lite on Android is a web-based application (powered by ReactJS). It being a web-based application, you will see great similarities with our mobile-web Player interface.
The next that you would notice would be its device compatibility and performance when you run the application on Android devices of older OS versions. If you have been encountering sluggish performance on our Gametize Android app such as those mentioned below, we highly recommend you to switch to the Gametize Lite on Android.
- Project/Topics/Challenges taking too long to load even with good internet speeds and connection, and/or
- Experiencing laggy user experience when navigating through the application,
With differences, there come limitations
Being a web-based application, there a few limitations when using Gametize Lite on Android:
- You will not receive push notifications (even after enabling it)
- When completing QR Code Challenges, the front camera instead of the rear (i.e. the back) camera may be launched for some devices
- Unable to launch the device camera to take photo or video when completing Challenges - affecting Challenge types such as Standard, Photo, Video, and Custom Form Challenges (recommend to simply pick from your gallery or file manager)
How about Gametize Lite on iOS?
Right now, we not quite ready to release Gametize Lite on iOS as we still got a fair bit of technical areas to address. The performance of the current Gametize iOS app has been optimal and has shown to support users' activity across different OS versions. We will keep you updated once we've got plans to release Gametize Lite on iOS :)
How to download Gametize Lite on Android?
Simply launch Google Play Store on your Android device. Search for “Gametize Lite” - it’s got the same logo as our existing Gametize app so be careful right there. Then, install it!
Published on 24 April 2020.
Please sign in to leave a comment.