We will be introducing two methods, both involving the Project Administrators registering/inviting the Players to the game.
Method 1 - Using the Players' actual (and valid) email addresses
- First, you would need to collect the email addresses of your Players. Make sure that they are valid and working as the Players would need to be able to receive email notifications.
- As you invite the Players to the game using excel sheet upload, you will see the option notify your Players via email notification - be sure to check that box. The Players will receive an email notification with a system-generated password where they can log in directly.
- Alternatively, as you compile the excel spreadsheet, you can pre-determine the passwords for your players, e.g. ABC123!. This will also be included in the invitation email.
This method is recommended to allow Players to receive email notifications on game activity.
Method 2 - Using the dummy email addresses
Email address is the unique identifier for all users of the Gametize platform. But, a small little easter egg that we have yet to share is that an actual email address is not required for account creation and activity. Hence, if you are unable to collect the Players' actual email addresses:
- On an excel spreadsheet, create dummy email addresses. E.g. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, so on and so forth.
- Since these are invalid emails, defining a login password is necessary for this method to work.
- Then, go on to distribute the login credentials and get the Players to login.
The con for this approach is that the Players will miss out on the email notifications, but they could always check those via in-app notification. Once they receive their accounts, the Players will be able to change their account details (name, profile image, email addresses) and own it if they like to.
Please sign in to leave a comment.