This issue cropped up today when liaising with an admin user:
They were confused about why their Analytics displayed 91 Active Users, when the report ranked only 88 as having completed challenges. Thus, where these 3 extra "Active Users" were coming from.
The solution to this includes 2 parts:
1) Need to define to the Admin what constitutes as an "Active User".
Most admins, at the moment, assume that an "Active User" is defined as having completed at least 1 challenge when it is actually defined as:
- completed at least 1 challenge, or
- casted at least 1 vote, or
- commented at least once on a completion, or
- commented on at least 1 challenge / flashcard, or
- commented on at least 1 topic.
We need to clearly state this definition somewhere.
2) Need to rank "Active Users" more clearly
When looking at either user listing or user report, it ranks ONLY by number of points.
Thus, "Active Users" who have 0 points, i.e. those who have not done any challenges but have commented or voted, are not ranked but appear in a random order in the spreadsheet. Thus, it gives the appearance of there being a "discrepancy" as these Active Users are not immediately obvious.
Would recommend to, after ranking by points, to then rank by number of comments, then number of votes?
Please sign in to leave a comment.