We do not have resend functionality on our platform. As such, we are unable to resend the invitation email to the players who have not started playing.
NOTE: If you are inviting a Player with a company email address, do check on the company IT security policy if it allows users to receive emails from external parties like Gametize.
Common reasons to request resending of invitation email:
- The Player did not receive the invitation email
- The Player accidentally deleted the invitation email
Here are some approaches we would like to recommend:
- Reset password and reach out to players on new password
- Request password reset on behalf of players
- How to follow up with players after successful password reset
- Remove and re-invite the players to the project
Reset password and reach out to players on new password
If the player did not receive the invitation email which contained the credentials to log in to their account. The Project admin may email Gametize Support at email@example.com to request for password reset and we will inform the players individually of their new password.
Request password reset on behalf of players
If the players' account is registered with a company email address and they are unable to receive email notifications from Gametize. The Project Admin may write to Gametize Support and request for a password reset on behalf of the players.
Here’s what you need to:
- As the Project Admin, collate the list of Players who are unable to log in to their accounts.
- Create an excel spreadsheet in the following format - see the bottom of this article for a template
- 1st column: Players’ email addresses
- To only have 1 sheet and no hidden sheets
- Do not include any column headers
- Filling up the ticket form here, or
- Sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to follow up with Players after successful password reset
- If possible, inform each Player individually of the custom password set for them. This is to ensure account security.
- To also notify Players that on their first login, they will be prompted to change their password.
NOTE: Password Policy
Your password should contain:
Remove and re-invite the players to the project
If you would like to send the invitation email to the players who have not started playing, you may consider removing and re-inviting the player to the project. The player will then receive an invitation email to inform them that they have been invited to the project.
To invite the players to the project again:
- Select the project and select Project Tools
- Select “Player Manager (Project)” under User Management and Awardables.
- There are 3 ways to remove players from the project:
- After you have removed the players from the project, select “ + Invite Players” and add the players to the project. This will then trigger an invitation email to the players to inform them that they have been invited to the project.
Note: As accounts might have been created and exist within the Gametize platform, the users might need to reset their password upon login. You can guide them along with this article: Resetting Password as a Player