*Note that the Inbox feature is still under development with several incomplete functions. This article will give an overview of the entire Inbox feature.
The Inbox feature is still under development with several incomplete functions. This
With the Inbox, you are able to:
- Receive and send messages as News (still under development)
- Receive messages as Notifications (still under development)
- Receive and view messages as Chats (work-in-progress)
- Send direct messages to other users (still under development)
News is designed with broadcasting in mind. It is the place where you, as the Project Administrators and Moderators, view and deliver broadcasted messages.
There are 2 types of messaging windows:
- Gametize: where you will receive and view messages broadcasted by Gametize, regardless of the selected Project.
- Project Admin Announcement: where you can broadcast Project-specific announcement to all Players, as well as view such messages broadcasted by other Project Administrators and Moderators in the selected Project. However, do note the following caveats:
- While you are able to create an announcement, only Project Administrators and Moderators in the selected Project are able to receive and view.
- As the Inbox feature has yet to be released to the Players, Players will not be able to receive or view the announcement.
This is where all the Gametize system-generated messages will appear. System-generated messaged are traditionally sent as in-app and/or email notifications.
As a Project Administrator or Moderator, you will see the messages when:
- Subscribe to a new plan upon creating a new Project
- Change your subscription for any of your existing Project, a downgrade or upgrade
- Billing reminders are sent
Chats is designed with conversations in mind, where all users of Gametize - Administrators and Players can communicate with one another. This would include:
- Administrator to Player conversation (still under development)
- Player to Administrator conversation (a work in progress)
- The first release of the Inbox allows Administrators to receive messages submitted via enquiry forms)
- Player to Player conversation (still under development)
- Administrator to Administrator conversion (still under development)
Each user, either a Project Administrator or a Player, will have his/her individual chat window. All chat history, including submitted enquiry forms, will reside within that window.
On top of the 3 types of message, as a Project Administrator, you can search for any Player in a selected Project and send a direct message. This will create a new chat window if no prior communication has happened.
Note that while you are able to send a new message to be sent to the selected Player, the Player will not be able to view. The Inbox feature has yet to be released to the Players.