Before you begin, make sure you have easy access to the “Project Embed Code” page in Gametize, to retrieve the embed code easily.
Step 1: Set up a Facebook App for your iFrame
- Login to Facebook and go to Facebook for Developers. Then, click on “+ Add a New App”, and go on to insert the App Display ID and your contact email. Proceed to “Create App ID".
If this is your first time logging into Facebook for Developers, click on “Get Started” to begin.
- Once arrived on the Dashboard of the newly created app, click on “Settings” on the navigation panel on the left side of the screen, and select “Basic”. Fill in the details, and click on "+ Add Platform".
- Select "Page Tab", and enter your Secure Page Tab URL. It is optional to enter a Page Tab Name, Page Tab Edit URL, and Page Tab Image. Then, click on “Save Changes”.
Retrieve your Secure Page Tab URL from “Project Embed Code” page in Gametize.
- Click on “App Review” on the navigation panel on the left side of the screen. Change the slider to Yes to make your app public.
Step 2: Add the iFrame to your page!
Done with the above? Let’s move on to adding the iFrame to your Facebook page.
- Retrieve the Facebook App ID - situated the top of the App Dashboard on Facebook.
- Replace [FACEBOOKAPPID] in the link below with your Facebook App ID.
- Copy and paste the edited link into your web browser bar. Then, follow all instructions onscreen to add the app to your Facebook page.