There are several points settings that you can play around within a Challenge. This article will cover the points settings specific to Challenge Completions.
To assign points for Challenge Completions:
- As you are creating or editing a Challenge, scroll to the section “Points Settings (optional)”.
- Then, look for "Completions".
- Insert the number of points* to award per completion.
- The points a Player receives upon completing the Challenge each time.
- You may also choose to leave this empty and the Challenge will assume the default points, typically 10 to 20 points .
- Insert the overall maximum points* a Player may earn from completing this Challenge^.
- The maximum number of points a Player can receive by completing the Challenge one or more times.
- You may choose to leave this empty and the Challenge will assume the default setting, at unlimited.
- Some tips on this setting.
* Updating the points will only affect Challenge completions after the change.
For example, when creating the Challenge, you assigned 10 points per completion. 5 days after you have launched the Challenge, you decided to change it to 15 points per completion - only completions on the 6th day onwards will receive 15 points.
* If a Player has already exceeded the updated points, whatever that is extra will not be removed.
^ This maximum points setting will not be affected by the maximum points a Player may earn from other Players' vote.
This works well when Challenge Frequency is adjusted to any settings, except for Only once. You allow Players to earn more points by completing a Challenge more than once, while preventing them from exploiting such Challenge set up.
Take this scenario as an example: The Player will be able to complete the Challenge multiple times, until 20 points are obtained. In this case, it will be 2 times.
Unlike Assigning Points to a Challenge (which applies to all Players who have completed the Challenge), Assigning Bonus Points to a Challenge allows you to give points to a selected group.